Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world – Marilyn Monroe
Converse are a classic shoe. They have been around for years and worn by probably just about everyone. You can purchase them in just about any color, and are relatively cheap to buy. That being said, it’s not always easy to find an outfit to match them.
Why? Converse have somewhat of a longstanding personality and stigma of their own. You see them frequently in movies or on tv with a very casual outfit, usually jeans and t-shirt. They are casual shoes that have remained iconic for a long time. However, nowadays it is much more common to see people styling converse with dresses and skirts! Which really leaves us the question as to what don’t they go with?
Of course you can wear anything you please and especially in this time where pretty much anything goes. This is just an article to give you some ideas as to how to wear them!
Tips on what to wear with Converse:
- Casual wear! Ripped jeans, jeans, casual shorts, band t-shirts etc.
- White Converse are the cleanest (but get dirty the quickest) and seem to look the best with more formal attire.
- I love Converse with kind of a lazy-day look, and try not to match them too well with an outfit (Teal shirt, teal shoes, or purple shirt, purple shoes).
- Converse with overalls is such a cute way to fashion them as well.
- Try pairing the shoe with black leggings and an oversized sweatshirt for a cute and comfy look!
Tips on how to care for your Converse:
- Do NOT machine wash or dry. That ruins the material.
- Use a mild soap (using a strong soap can fade the color on the shoes).
- Warm water and a washcloth is the best way to clean and care for loved Converse. <3
- If you get them wet, let them dry before wearing them again.
- Don’t submerge them in water. It ruins the glue that holds the shoe together.
Want a pair? Click here. Amazon has a great selection of Converse!
Thank you for taking the time to read and thank you for all the love and support. If you have any questions or comments, please hit up the ‘contact us‘ form and I will get back to you!
Bye for now!