Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world – Marilyn Monroe
Converse are a classic shoe. They have been around for years and worn by probably just about everyone. You can purchase them in just about any color, and are relatively cheap to buy. That being said, it’s not always easy to find an outfit to match them.
Why? Converse have somewhat of a longstanding personality and stigma of their own. You see them frequently in movies or on tv with a very casual outfit, usually jeans and t-shirt. They are casual shoes that have remained iconic for a long time. However, nowadays it is much more common to see people styling converse with dresses and skirts! Which really leaves us the question as to what don’t they go with?
Of course you can wear anything you please and especially in this time where pretty much anything goes. This is just an article to give you some ideas as to how to wear them!
Tips on what to wear with Converse:
- Casual wear! Ripped jeans, jeans, casual shorts, band t-shirts etc.
- White Converse are the cleanest (but get dirty the quickest) and seem to look the best with more formal attire.
- I love Converse with kind of a lazy-day look, and try not to match them too well with an outfit (Teal shirt, teal shoes, or purple shirt, purple shoes).
- Converse with overalls is such a cute way to fashion them as well.
- Try pairing the shoe with black leggings and an oversized sweatshirt for a cute and comfy look!
Tips on how to care for your Converse:
- Do NOT machine wash or dry. That ruins the material.
- Use a mild soap (using a strong soap can fade the color on the shoes).
- Warm water and a washcloth is the best way to clean and care for loved Converse. <3
- If you get them wet, let them dry before wearing them again.
- Don’t submerge them in water. It ruins the glue that holds the shoe together.
Want a pair? Click here. Amazon has a great selection of Converse!
Thank you for taking the time to read and thank you for all the love and support. If you have any questions or comments, please hit up the ‘contact us‘ form and I will get back to you!
What are your favorite shoes to wear? Let me know in the comments and be sure to post a pic to the Her Style Says It All Facebook page and Instagram using the hashtag:
Bye for now!
Embrace the glorious mess that you are – Elizabeth Gilbert
So can you tell me where to buy these shoes already?
Hello beautiful people! Today’s post is all about my favorite summer shoe and where you can purchase them for cheaaapp! (insert clap emoji)
Sandals are a serious go-to summer staple. You see them all over the place because they are comfortable and breathable for those sweltering days that are over the top hot. During these next few months, I wear sandals everywhere, but my absolute favorite pair that I take with me on all my trips are these:
I have to admit, I’ve always been a fan of Michael Kors, but these sandals are just amazing. They look classy and sophisticated and go with so many different styles! If you’re trying to dress an outfit up, they are great to wear with dresses or skirts, or if you’re trying to dress the outfit down, they go perfectly with jeans and leggings too.
- Pair nicely with leggings or distressed denim.
- Love to wear these with a pastel side bag or petite backpack/purse.
- I wouldn’t recommend getting them wet. The bottoms are corkboard and if mixed with sand, it is not a good combo.
- They are very comfortable but are not for walking long distances. The arch support on the sandal isn’t great. (I made the mistake of walking the LV Strip in them. Bad idea)
Wondering where to wear?
These Michael Kors sandals are great for work, get-togethers, semi-formal events, and church!
Crushing on my shoes?
Me too! I purchased mine at Marshalls, you can buy them here on Amazon for even less!
Thank you for taking the time to read and thank you for all the love and support. The blogging community is absolutely incredible. If you have any questions or comments, please hit up the ‘contact us‘ form and I will get back to you!
I’m curious to know what you all think about these sandals. What are your favorite summer shoes? Let me know in the comments and be sure to post a pic to the Her Style Says It All Facebook page and Instagram using the hashtag:
Bye for now!